Every Typography Lover’s Toolshed of Resources

I am always on the hunt for new, inspiring and typography-related resources. Below are 35+ organized resources, inspiration, educational sites and more that relate in some shape and form to typography.

Feel free to dig through the typographic “tool shed” of resources below:

RESOURCES

typedia

Typedia is a community website to classify typefaces and educate people about them. Think of it like a mix between IMDb and Wikipedia, but just for type. Anyone can join, add, and edit pages for typefaces or for the people behind the type.

out-41

Typography and Font Mega Toolbox

out-121

Typography tools

out-123

out-37

Typography aggregation from various resources around the web

out-46

A new and amazing type-based aggregation site from the people over at I Love Typography. Also, my new homepage :)

INSPIRATION

out-210

out-6

High quality fonts and custom type design

out-122

Typographic research

HAND-DRAWN AND FOUND TYPE INSPIRATION

out-118

out-51

WPA Posters and hand-drawn vintage lettering

out-120

A beautiful arrangement of notes taken at SXSW… have to love designer’s sketchbooks and notebooks. Words are pictures.

out-33

out-34

out-215

A fun little iPhone web app that allows you to tag and search letters from the community and make words out of found lettering.

out-45

EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL

out-31

Radio station and talks related to typography and other design related issues.

out-4

The Elements of Typographic Style Applied to the Web address how to improve web typography, including rhythm, proportion, measure, and much more.

out-32

out-212

out-214

Type design philosophy

out-43

Typography workshop with a listed of type-basics and references.

out-52

A must-see… that’s all I’m saying. :)

out-54

A nice collection of font pairing for partnering serifs and sans.

BLOGS

out-211

An extensive 96 Typography Blogs list. I was going to list them here but instead I’ll listed the ones that were not covered via the above resource below.

out-5

A beautiful letterpress blog that showcases beautiful typography and design.

out-213

out-35

out-36

out-124

out-216

COLLECTIONS

out-119

42 Amazing Resources for Inspirational Typography

out-42

Typography in advertising design

out-53

Typography based design blog inspiration

MISCELLANEOUS

out-44

An aggregation of awesome typography-based t-shirts.

out-125

A tweet aggregation that collects tweets that have anything to do with typography, fonts, lettering, etc. Very cool and useful.

out-38

An interesting concept where you can combine parts of letters to form shapes and art.

1. Isabella says:

Great collection Thanks.

2. Jeremie says:

Nice collection, thanks for sharing it

3. chris wilcox says:

Good stuff, Brian; I love type inspirationals.

4. Lauren says:

Wow, so many super sites, thanks :)

5. Lars says:

awesome compilation and thanks for including tripwire magazine!

6. How could you NOT include ilovetypography.com in this list?

Michael,
    I love typography was included among the first resources under blogs. That link had all the great typography blogs so I left it to them to gather that one up ;)

8. Pliggs says:

Wow, excellent collection, will definitely bookmark for the future.

9. Steven Snell says:

Very nice collection. Another source for inspiration (disclosure: this is my own site) is TypeInspire.

10. Adam Clark says:

Can we have more CSS Typography examples?

11. KillanKoe says:

wow awesome list of resources. i will bookmark this for sure…..

another awesome quality resource for fonts is http://www.pilo.me – it is a typography forum that is private and by moderation approval only, but if you can get in, it can provide you with about any font youd ever want. i know alejandro paul, house industries, canada type, font shop and others call themselves members. anyhow check it out if you can.

12. [...] Every Typography Lover’s Toolshed Of Resources [...]

13. Caz says:

Thanks for the great list. Another resource I’ve found invaluable is “What the font” from MyFonts, where you can identify a font by uploading a scan or graphic. http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

14. Great and useful article. Thanks for sharing

15. [...] Every Typography Lover’s Toolshed Of Resources (thedesigncubicle.com) [...]