Shirts Every Type Nerd Must Own

Due to my obsession with type I thought it would only be right to present ’10 shirts every type nerd must own’. A majority of these shirts come in both men and women’s sizes so get your credit cards handy.

Helbotica

Helvetica Alphabet T’s

ss

Words Aren’t Always Meant To Be Read

words_arent

Extra Black

extra_black

What’s your favorite type shirt?

1. Tim says:

Dude. “Extra Black” is on my back right now. The hoodie version. My girlfriend got it got for me for christmas. Univers FTW!!!

2. Artboredom says:

One of these days I’ll get one of mine on a list like this. Regardless, all faves of mine. The Ugmonk & FTW!

Retweeted!

3. Preston says:

The kerning shirt made me laugh outloud. Thanks for that. Nice post.

4. Tim Ngwena says:

Lol, GR8 Shout !. Lve Helbotica

5. Thanks for the A-OK shoutout!

6. Ivo Ivan says:

“Words Aren’t Always Meant To Be Read” great idea

7. Condo Blues says:

I love the kerning shirt! I really need one of those.

8. Aki says:

These are cool! I love A-ok & baseline shirts.

9. Mark Denton says:

This is the best “list” post I’ve seen in a while. Nice work.

10. [...] 10 Shirts Every Type Nerd Must Own | The Design Cubicle Freaking hilarious and awesome Shirts for TYPE NERDS [...]

11. love the & then i woke up t! ha!

You should also include the kern sweatshirt from veer – been rockin that for a few years :)

12. Selig says:

Helbotica is great ;-)
    Thanks for a fun compilation!

13. nice t-shirt designs, I like “A-Ok” and “My Baseline Is Lower Than Yours” thanks..

14. btorbo says:

My absolute favorite type themed t-shirt is the Hel-fucking-vetica from Subtraction/Wire & Twine: http://wireandtwine.com/store/products/subtraction-hel.html

15. [...] April 1st, 2009 So you know, 10 shirts every type nerd must own. [...]

16. Graham Smith says:

My favs are:
    My Baseline Is Lower Than Yours
    Words Aren’t Always Meant To Be Read
    Helbotica

Need to see if I can get these in the UK, but awesome shirts. Nice idea for a post collection Brian.

Graham

I’ve always liked the kern sweatshirt from veer http://www.veer.com/products/merchdetail.aspx?image=VPR0001260

18. Nick Sherman says:

At the risk of tooting my own horn, MyFonts did a series of large glyph tees that seem appropriate to mention here. Details at http://blog.myfonts.com/83

19. [...]  10 Shirts Every Type Nerd Must Own (thedesigncubicle.com)      I love them no matter how nerdy. 12/  DearIE6 – So Long [...]

20. [...] from Chop Shop features on the list of 10 Shirts Every Type Nerd Must Own courtesy of thedesigncubicle.com along with 8 shirts not shown here (and one that is). I urge you [...]

21. Tracee says:

“& then I woke up” is my favourite shirt ever. <3 It makes me happy in the typeface.

22. [...] 10 shirts every type nerd must own. [...]

23. [...] Ten shirts every typography nerd needs. Kelly, I know you’ll love these. No Gill Sans, but the Kern shirt is [...]

24. Carrie says:

I have the Helvetica shirt from AA. The “& Then I woke Up” has been on my wishlist for a while. I love ampersands.. I’d have to say that one is the coolest, despite my deep love for Helvetica.

25. While I love that our HELBOTICA tee is on here (by Jonathan Yule), I went and bought the 24+76=100 tee by UGMONK based on this post. much love.

26. Ryan says:

Grab an updated reversible version of the A-ok design here:

Thanks!

27. These are great. I love the A-Ok one…

28. rush says:

I absolutely LOVE the Ampersand tee! 1. I’m a writer/ blogger & tend to use & a lot 2. It’s Helvetica—I am so type nerdy for Helvetica.

29. Geek Shirts says:

A selection of great tees there. Are these avaialble anywhere in the UK?